Statement Of Intent

Statement Of Intent:

Overview:
I have chosen to create a pop music video to attract and empower teenage viewers ages 13 to 18.
My music video will follow a teenage girl who is being bullied on a daily basis, within the video you will see her immense struggles of bulling and the fight that she has to face every single day. Yet as we follow her on her journey she begins to become empowered by her struggles and faces up to the bully to stop the terrible actions.

Sound:
I will be using the pop song "Don't Kill My Vibe" by the Norwegian singer and songwriter Sigrid. I have chosen this song as I believe this song is great to use as it is upbeat and fun, as well as promoting a strong and meaningful message across to the audience, that fits in with the connotations of my story. The song also is liked by my teenage target market of 13-18,
I will also be using diegetic sound within the beginning of the video of the sound of waves and birds, this is to help set the scene of the location, I will then start the song.

Camera:
I will be filming with a variety of different camera motions, shots and angles. This includes pans, tilts, long shots, medium shots, wide shots, cantered angles, high angles and low angles.

Editing:
I will be cutting together all the shots that I will film to create a montage, some shots will be fast pace to create action and keep the viewers engaged e.g. the bullying scenes. Other shots will be slower pace to create anticipation and to allow the viewers to easily follow the storyline.

Mise En Scene:
Lighting:
I will be using natural lighting of the area, so it will be bright due to the tropical weather. This natural lighting gives the impression that we are following a normal girl, making the video seem more realist and relatable to those who will be watching the video.

Hair and Makeup:
I will dress my actors in clothing that is colourful yet simple, the simplicity of my outfits is to imply to the audience that this is an everyday story, creating a more relatable video as many can wear these outfits in day to day life, suggesting that my character is like an everyday teenager facing immense problems.
I want these clothes to be bright to make the outfits fit the scenery, this also juxtaposes the storyline as the clothes are bright and colourful, yet the storyline deals with depressing problems. 
I will also give my actors natural makeup and hair looks, again the simplicity of the hair and makeup helps me to create a relatable story, as if the video is happening in real life, making people become aware of the situation and how people in the world face every day. 

Locations:
I will be filming in a variety of different locations in Anna Maria Island, Florida. This Includes Anna Maria Island Beaches, Pine Avenue, Villa Rosa Way etc.

Props:
I will be using everyday items such as phones, ice-cream, headphones. This is to create a more realistic story as these items are usually used by teenagers.


Comments

  1. You have covered every element of the video and your idea is very clear. I look forward to seeing the end result!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment