Idea Mind Map


Idea Mind Map


A mind map is a diagram in which, information is represented visual with a central idea placed in the middle and associated ideas being placed around it.

Here is a short video of me creating my mind map: 


I have decided to create a mind map as it allows me to visual collect my ideas and thoughts together, these ideas I have thought over the time while creating my blog. This mind map then allows me to find my favourite ideas and develop them so that I can use these ideas when making my story board and video.

The process of creating the mind map was extremely easy to do, I first selected my sub-titles that would be important when creating my music videos, these were lighting, props, hazards, camera work, messages, songs, location, actors and editing. I then expanded these ideas and wrote words and small sentences that linked to the sub-titles, these ideas I could then use in my music video.
This was an effective system as I could easily write the words down and by using the pictures and sub titles the mind map is easy to read and very easy to follow.

However, the down side to making a mind map is that the thoughts are scattered throughout the page, as I am a very organised and neat person could have created a list instead to make it look more organised, however then it would lose the visual effect and may be boring to read.

Within my mind map I have thought of many different ideas that I could develop further within my story board, for example I thought of the message that I could put across to the audience. Within this I thought of many ideas from bulling to homelessness, I want the message of my music video to be about a serious problem in today society to allow the teenage audience to understand what life is like for some people in the world.
I have also though about the lighting, camera and editing techniques I might use, these ideas have come from my research of other music videos and have come about when making my preliminary camera video.
As I am going to be attracting a teenage target market I have decided on the actors and wardrobe to make the video relatable. I will try to use a teenage protagonist to ensure the story line is relatable for the audience, as well as having the protagonist wear teenage clothes and natural make up, to create an everyday look, aging making the story more relatable tot the teenage viewers.
I have also looked at the different locations and hazards of these location on my mind map, these ideas were thought when creating my risk assessment as well as when I was over there when filming my prelim task, s I got a feel for the area and understood how to keep my staff and crew safe when filming.

Lastly, I also thought about the type of songs that I would want to have in my music video, I want to have a song that is relatable to the video so that the visuals and lyric match up, therefore the song has to have a meaningful story behind it.
I also want the song to have an upbeat end to show how people can get through the tough life situations and survive them with the help and support from others.

To conclude, by making a mind map it was extremely helpful as I could get all the thoughts from my head on paper, ensuring no thoughts were forgotten. The mind map will also allow the process of making a story board become easier as I have my initial ideas all written down.

Here is my Mind Map: 


Idea Mind Map










Comments

  1. Lauren, your creativity really shines through in this post! You definitely have a lot of ideas for your music video.
    What song are you going to use?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I want to choose an up beat pop song that will entice my target audience, as well as the visuals of the video having a meaning so I am leaning towards songs like Kesha's, Praying or Sigrid's, Don't Kill My Vibe.

      Delete

Post a Comment